The compass tattoo is one of those tattoos that has endless design possibilities, so it’s no surprise that people love getting the compass tattoo and the artists love drawing them. They can be big tattoos that go down the middle of the owners’ backs. They can even be small even to fit on the wrist. Either way, the compass tattoo can have a bunch of great meanings that most people would be satisfied with.
Compass Design is something essential for a traveler.
which he must carry when he embarks on a journey as this particular instrument will not only take him on the right path but also ensure his safe return home. Therefore, the compass tattoo is the great symbolic sign for travelers and adventure lovers, in particular.
These tattoos are equally popular among the military men, sailors, and fishermen. as their jobs to are related to the sense of right direction.
In fact, it is believed that the Spanish sailors were the ones who got inked with compass tattoos for the first time.
while the tattoo was popularized by Celts and other races of European origin some centuries ago. There is a wide variety available in compass tattoo designs, each one being related with different symbolic meanings.
Some of these mentioned as follows:
- Compass Tattoo with North Star – A popular representation of the compass tattoo comes along with the North Star or the Pole Star.
- The star of the north direction, which was used by navigators to guide them about direction since the beginning of time. The design boasts of great aesthetic value.
- Compass Tattoo with Direction – The basic purpose of a compass is to tell about the direction and many f the compass tattoos include the alphabets signifying the cardinal directions as in N, S, W, and E, standing for North, South, West, and East respectively. North is considered as the yardstick to find the directions. As it was the one looked up by the navigators to get a fair idea of their location. A tattoo design with these direction looks extremely cool and is favored by youngsters.
- Compass Tattoo with Globe or Anchor – Since compass deals with marine travel, a globe added to a compass design. This is a good way to represent its significance in the voyage.
- Similarly, an anchor is another object used by the ships.
- which makes it a vital element to be incorporated in compass tattoo design.
- Other Design Elements – Some other design elements which can be included in a compass tattoo. Design are celestial objects like the sun and the moon, while hourglass. Clocks can be made alongside to represent time. For those looking for feminine compass tattoo designs. The tattoo artist can add objects like flowers, butterflies, feathers, anchors, dreamcatchers and ribbons to the basic compass design.